Call Bunbury Vet Clinic
(08) 9721 5999
Call Eaton Vet Clinic
(08) 9725 0399
Full Time Recent Grad Veterinarian
An opportunity will become available from the beginning of January 2022 for a recently graduated veterinarian to join our friendly, caring and dedicated teams in Bunbury and Eaton, Western Australia in a full-time position.
The last 18 months have been pretty busy, so we’re looking for another vet to join our team. We’ve decided to increase our vet numbers now to ensure we can keep the workload manageable for everyone and reduce the risk of burn-out. We have the capacity to mentor a less-experienced vet, so new or recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
We’re not after a “Rockstar” or “Supervet” – just someone who’s caring, compassionate, and takes care of themselves as well as the clients and other team members. With a 4-day week (full time), the ability to bring your dog to work, and a relaxed and friendly environment, this is a job that is built around sustainability in the industry.
This is what one of our vets had to say about working with us:
“I have worked at Bunbury Vet Clinic for over 20 years now. I really like working with all the staff finding it a very friendly and supportive environment to work in. I love the number of staff dogs that regularly come to work, showing how much as a practice we all love animals. All the staff animals provide for a stress release at work in a profession that can at times be very stressful. I have 3 children and management has always been very supportive and allowed me to have time off to either look after or to support my children, which has made family life much easier and has allowed me to continue in my profession.
As a practice we value and support each other, especially the new graduates. I feel as one of the senior vets in the practice quite strongly about supporting new graduates coming into the profession, and in turn love learning new ideas/methods of treatment from them. As vets, we all freely communicate regularly, having discussions about our cases, which I feel can only improve the outcome for the patients.
I enjoy working at the Bunbury Vet Clinic and find it very rewarding, which can be seen by the fact that I have been here for over 20 years.”
Pay will be well above award rates and will increase as your skills & confidence improve.
We are a group of two small animal clinics in the beautiful South West region of Western Australia. We are well equipped with great quality diagnostic and monitoring equipment (including colour Doppler ultrasounds, digital endoscope, DR xray systems and access to a local CT scanner). Both clinics are designed to “stand alone”, so there’s no compromise in the work you can do.
We accept referrals from throughout the South West for orthopaedic surgery, ultrasonography and chemotherapy. We also have a visiting ophthalmology referral service visit our Eaton clinic monthly plus regular visits from a specialist Dermatologist.
With shared after hours, we aim for a great work/life balance. Each full-time vet works 4 days/week, 1 in 3 Saturday mornings and 1 in 12 weekends on call. We are closed Saturday afternoons and Sundays, so it’s a great job for anyone with a family or sporting interests.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings a positive/ can do attitude to all aspects of the veterinary position
- Enjoys building great relationships with people (clients!)
- Aims to provide exceptional customer service. We routinely book 20-minute appointments but for new/recent graduates, we provide 30-minute appointments initially to allow time to develop consulting technique/ check reference material or seek advice from colleagues.
- Communicates well with clients and team members. We have a great, cohesive team so it’s important that any new team members are a good fit with current team!
- Aims to deliver high standards of patient care and thoroughly works up cases. We believe in evidence-based medicine, and work together to get the best results for the pets. We don’t have KPI’s to hit.
- Is flexible, organised and manages their own time well
- Is comfortable with sole charge and after-hours work being part of the job role. New and recent graduates will have rostered back-up from senior vets for the first 12 months.
- Is committed to ongoing continuing education – we encourage our vets to develop their own areas of interest and strongly support CPD – almost all our vets have done at least one Sydney Uni Distance Education Course.
Bunbury is just 2 hours south of Perth and one hour from the Margaret River region. With plenty of beaches, great sporting facilities and fantastic schools, it’s a great place to live and raise a family.
If you would like to find out what we’re like to work for, our regular locum, Peta, has offered to be a referee for us – she can be called on 0448 385 122, or her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your CV and cover letter to Josie at email@example.com. Position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.
Experienced Veterinary Nurse Wanted
An opportunity has become available for a veterinary nurse to join our teams in Bunbury and Eaton in a permanent part-time or full-time position.
We acknowledge that historically the Veterinary Industry (and Award) has been notoriously bad with undervaluing and underpaying Veterinary Nurses. In recognition of these issues, our practices make key commitments (see below) to aim for better remuneration, a more fulfilling job, along with striving to achieve great work-life balance for our employees which, we hope, will assure this is an awesome job both now and into the future.
- Better hours. Full-time nurses work 4 days/ week with one rostered day off each week
- Better pay. All staff will be paid at least 15% above award rates.
- More CPD opportunities. If it will benefit the nurse and the clinic, we’ll pay for it. When COVID isn’t affecting travel, we pay flights, accommodation, etc. as well as conference fees
- More support staff so nurses can focus on nursing. We will ensure you make the most of your skills and training.
The role will involve a combination of surgical and medical nursing, nurse consultations, reception work, and a share of the Saturday morning roster. There is also the option to be part of an on-call roster (with additional payments), but this is not compulsory.
We are a group of two small animal hospitals in the beautiful South West region of Western Australia. We have an experienced and supportive team of veterinarians and qualified veterinary nurses and we aim to offer a high level of veterinary care in a compassionate and friendly environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings a positive/ can-do attitude to all aspects of the nursing position
- Presents a friendly demeanour and welcoming smile, even on the busy/ tough days
- Enjoys good teamwork
- Enjoys building great relationships with people (clients!) and communicates well
- Aims to provide exceptional customer service
- Aims to deliver high standards of patient care
- Is committed to ongoing continuing education
- Ideally has two years experience working as a qualified, registered veterinary nurse but all suitable applicants will be considered as the right attitude is the most important thing – we can give you the experience if you have the right attitude
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.