Call Bunbury Vet Clinic
(08) 9721 5999
Call Eaton Vet Clinic
(08) 9725 0399
The last 12 months have been pretty busy, so we’re looking for another vet to join our team. We’re looking for someone with at least 3-5 years experience as we already have a 2019 and 2020 graduate working for us and we want to ensure we can continue to focus on their development rather than spreading ourselves too thin to adequately support everyone.
We have all the toys you would expect – digital radiography, dopler ultrasonography, endoscope, in-house labs, multiple surgivet monitors, etc., and accept referral work for orthopaedics, oncology, ultrasonography and CT scans. We also have regular visits from an ophthalmology referral service and a specialist dermatologist. We’re hoping to add more specialists to the list soon. We encourage our vets to develop their own areas of interest and strongly support CPD – almost all our vets have done Sydney Uni Distance Ed Courses, paid for by us.
Pay is well above award rates (as it should be – the award rate is ridiculously low). We run on 20 minute appointments so you don’t need to rush, and it’s very rare you’re not out the door right on finishing time. There is some on-call requirements for the job (currently 1 in 12, but we’re working on improving that), which is well supported by the senior vets if needed.
The job is ideally part-time (great for parents or anyone who just wants to enjoy everything the south-west has to offer), but full-time would be considered if that’s what you’re after.
If you would like to find out what we’re like to work for, our regular locum, Peta, has offered to be a referee for us – she can be called on 0448385122, or her email is email@example.com. She’ll tell you how nice we are.
If you’re keen to apply for the position, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll organise a time to catch up for a coffee and a chat.
Experienced Veterinary Nurse Wanted
An opportunity has become available for a veterinary nurse to join our teams in Bunbury and Eaton in a permanent part-time or full-time position.
We acknowledge that historically the Veterinary Industry (and Award) has been notoriously bad with undervaluing and underpaying Veterinary Nurses. In recognition of these issues, our practices make key commitments (see below) to aim for better remuneration, a more fulfilling job, along with striving to achieve great work-life balance for our employees which, we hope, will assure this is an awesome job both now and into the future.
- Better hours. Full-time nurses work 4 days/ week with one rostered day off each week
- Better pay. All staff will be paid at least 15% above award rates.
- More CPD opportunities. If it will benefit the nurse and the clinic, we’ll pay for it. When COVID isn’t affecting travel, we pay flights, accommodation, etc. as well as conference fees
- More support staff so nurses can focus on nursing. We will ensure you make the most of your skills and training.
The role will involve a combination of surgical and medical nursing, nurse consultations, reception work, and a share of the Saturday morning roster. There is also the option to be part of an on-call roster (with additional payments), but this is not compulsory.
We are a group of two small animal hospitals in the beautiful South West region of Western Australia. We have an experienced and supportive team of veterinarians and qualified veterinary nurses and we aim to offer a high level of veterinary care in a compassionate and friendly environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings a positive/ can-do attitude to all aspects of the nursing position
- Presents a friendly demeanour and welcoming smile, even on the busy/ tough days
- Enjoys good teamwork
- Enjoys building great relationships with people (clients!) and communicates well
- Aims to provide exceptional customer service
- Aims to deliver high standards of patient care
- Is committed to ongoing continuing education
- Ideally has two years experience working as a qualified, registered veterinary nurse but all suitable applicants will be considered as the right attitude is the most important thing – we can give you the experience if you have the right attitude
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.